[ASTRO] Fan Tapes

.. begin astro-transmission

A recent post to this list referred to MOAM fan tapes as "bootlegs"
and had the word "bootlegs" as  the subject.

This may be a minor point, but bootlegs are aunauthorized recordings,
usually sold for money, while fan tapes are amateur recordings made
with the permission of the artists and traded for other tapes or
given away, not sold.

I am extremely grateful to MOAM for allowing fan taping and I wish more
bands did likewise.  There is the possibility that if we refer to these
tapes as "bootlegs" this may spook the lawyers at their record label
and our taping privledges may have to be taken away.  I'd hate to have
that happen.

I could be totally too anal about this subject.  Only MOAM, their management,
or their label could tell us for sure.  For all I know Touch-n-Go may be
too small to afford any lawyers.