[ASTRO] Re: Fw: june 14th at the point

.. begin astro-transmission

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 GenLand18@aol.com wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> <<I remember a band called the Monomen... Don't remember much about it
> though.>>
>
> I think this band were the first ones signed to Estrus?  I am terrible with
> these things, so hopefully someone out there will prove me wrong!!  =)
>
> SuperGEEK,
>
> **Leslie**

I don't know about how they fit into the history of Estrus, but I
saw the Monomen open for Man or... ASTRO-man? last year here in PDX.
I think their vocals stink, but they really rock and they have one
of the most awesome drummers around.  They might have sounded different
than usual since I think they said a member of the band couldn't make
it that night, but everything but the vocals sounded good to me.
The guitar player was a bit fussy, tuning too often and taking way
too long to do so.  He even changed an unbroken string!  Starcrunch
finally had to go up on stage and help him with his guitar, which
was real nice of him.  The other bands that night were not at all
to my liking, but since we're trying to be nice I'll just say that
one of them really lived up to their name,  The Supersuckers.