[ASTRO] Re: What to buy first...

.. begin astro-transmission

<snip!>
> From: Matthew Barton <mb19202@xx.acs.appstate.edu>
> To: Multiple recipients of <astro-list@furball.slime.org>
> Subject:  [ASTRO]  What to buy first...
>
> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> >this is the astrovirgin with a request for suggestions as to what would
> >be the best ASTROMAN album to pick up as an introduction. i've been
> >reading this list for four days now and so far i think it has to be
> >either DESTROY... or EXPERIMENT ZERO. i love albini. any ideas would be
> >real welcome folks...
>
> My personaly suggestion would be Live Transmissions from Uranus.  What
> better way to get hooked on a band than to listen to 'em semi-live.  plus
> its got stuff from various albums, and a much better version of the Love
> Theme from MST3K than Destroy has...and its got Cowboy Playing Bomboro!
> ya can't go wrong w/ the live album!
>
> ..........................................Matt
<snip!>

Agreed.  If you can have only one MOAM album, or a first MOAM album,
it must be Live Transmissions from Uranus.  Not only is the Love Theme
better, but it has Nitrous Burnout live and over the top, just like
it is meant to be.  The version of Nitrous on Intraveneous Television
Continuum comes close, but it has to be live to be great.  Now we need
a good live recording of Principles Unknown!

Speaking of nitrous... Starcrunch, are you out there?  What the hell happened
to your groovy electronic noisemaker/guitar slide when you played Nitrous
at PDX last April 10th?  I really missed it.  You had used it to great
effect in your previous PDX appearance.  I guess it was just the night
for technical difficulties, Coco's theremin didn't work either.  At least
the Tesla Coil was in good form.