[ASTRO] Coco and Birdstuff here...

Greetings all,
Well, at this point I am sure you are all aware of the situation concerning
Star Crunch and Dexter X.

As this may come as a shock to many of you, to all of us, and those who
have been close enough, this was in within the rangefinder for some time.
I am writing to let you all know that this is not, by any means, the end of
Man or Astro-man?
Over the course of our exploits here on earth, we have met and worked with
many other musicians/scientists, both of this planet, and from beyond.  We
will be continuing our work here on this planet in the best ways we can.
We will miss Star Cruch and Dexter X more than any of you will ever know,
but as I am sure you all realize, with the future, comes constant change.

Star Crunch and Dexter will not, and can not be replaced.

We have found other beings with which we will continue, but they are
themselves individuals, and no attempt will be made to make Man or
Astro-man? what is was with Star Crunch and Dexter, as this would be futile.

Birdstuff states in well:

...I'm sure you have been alerted with our current situation of
the band and Star Crunch parting ways.  It has been something that has torn our
stomachs apart for a while now, and I'm at least feeling better that there has
been a resolution.  Most succinctly stated, it's not about the content of
someone being right or wrong; it's more that we have philosophical differences
that are irreconcilable.  I know that sounds like an Aerosmith press release,
but as much as we respect everyone on the list, no one could understand this
except for Star Crunch, Coco, and myself.  It's kind of like trying to make
your friends understand your relatives- you just sometimes have unique
perspective simply because you lived something yourself.
	I know Coco and I both really love Star Crunch and are going to
support him with anything in which he becomes involved.  He's extremely
talented and funny and I am sure he is capable of doing something
astounding with music or otherwise.
The bottom line is that I think he's going to be better off in whatever the
future holds, and I also believe Coco and I are going to feel better, and we do
honestly believe the band will be stronger than it has been in recent times.
Obviously, it will never be the same and the last thing we want is to have a
parody of the old line-up.  We continue with Man or Astro-Man? because we love
the idea of the band and what it is about to us- a new band would just be a
Man or Astro-Man? rip- off band.  I will let you know more about our future
plans and new members  (please try not to use the word "replacements") as they
come up.  Speaking of parodies, everyone must believe me that the clone
project was not spawned by any of this. We have wanted to do the clones
since 1994 and  it was convenient timing with the band beginning to write
again.  Truthfully, under current climate I would like to cancel the whole
thing, but I have people that have worked very hard, taken off work and
sacrificed their own bands to make this happen.  Cancelling it would be
unfair to the many people involved.  Please try to understand and support
this last bit of cloning....

-Birdstuff

Back to Coco....

It would be impossible to convey thet vast amount of past that goes into
making the present, but I will try and shed a tiny amount of light on the
climate of the situation.  Not to make light of Dexter's role in Man or
Astro-man?, but those who have been watching have noticed the rotation in
that role in the past. This role has primaritly been the role of providing
the live ability to do what the core has developed in the lab.  This
position has always been one of rotation, although we must admit there will
never be another Dexter X.
The changes that are taking place are the result of positive steps to make
Man or Astro-man? a band with four members each inputing equally into all
of the tasks, be it studio recording, or live performance.
These changes, after much consideration, are
Star Crunch will be happier, De