[ASTRO] Re: theremin

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

On Sun, 30 May 1999, michael sean daven wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]
>

> Which songs by MoAM? most prominently feature the theremin?  I see
> mentions of the device in "Your Weight on the Moon" and "Experiment Zero".

I know of only one, although I do not have all of the singles and comps:

"Principles Unknown" from "Experiment Zero".

On "Your Weight on the Moon", I can hear plenty of Theremin-esque sounds
on tracks like "Space Patrol" and "Polaris", but they sound more like
the "sine and square wave generator" and "sweepable oscillator" than
an actual Theremin.

The live version of "Eric Estrotica" on "Live Transmissions from Uranus"
has some sounds on it that sound like it might be a Theremin.  I have
heard several fan tapes of this song live, and this is the only performance
I have heard that has these sounds in it.  Maybe they were spicing things
up a bit more than usual because they knew they were recording for
a live release.

They have a new theremin song they are playing live on the EEVIAC tour,
as sort of an intro to the new arrangement of "Junk Satellite".  As
far as I know, this song is untitled, unrecorded (other than fan tapes
of shows), and unreleased, but maybe it's on some comp or something
that I haven't heard.