[ASTRO] The Robot Revolution Has Failed

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Good news for Humanity, bad news for Servotron fans.

In case there is any doubt, and I had my doubts, I got confirmation
directly from Birdstuff/Z40BX yesterday.

The quotable quote from the BirdBot is "Servotron wasn't Y2K compliant".

I said it must have been exhausting to be in both bands touring at
the same time anyway, and he started giving my the company line
about how it wasn't really so bad because of the bionics, yadda
yadda yadda.  I'm not sure why he bothered since he was standing
there backstage in street clothes and Servotron is out of business
anyway.   My only shred of hope is that he was keeping up the
official cover story of Servotron because there is still a chance
it will come back from the junkheap.  Not bloody likely given
what I have heard about 00ZX1/Dexter-X being totally disenchanted
with theme bands.

Personally I'd accept any new Servotron lineup so long it contained
one or more of the original 00ZX1, Z40BX or Proto Unit V-3  (no
offense to the Bass players they've had).

Too bad.  The Servotron concept was awesome.  Robot lore is a
rich source of material for songwriting, and they had barely
begun to exploit it with only two albums.  They were far from
running out of good concepts for songs.