[ASTRO] Godzilla/Lost in Space/REM/U2

Whoa! What a wacky off-topic subject line!

Here's the deal: I don't have a problem with bad cheap entertaining
monster movies and sci-fi movies.  I don't care if they have no real
science and ludicrous plot devices, so long as they are fun, either on
purpouse or by accident.

I DO have a problem with bad expensive boring and pretentious monster movies
and sci-fi movies.  Recent cases being the new Godzilla and Lost in Space
movies.   Both of these movies seem to have been made by people who
wanted to "fix" everything that was fun about the originals.

What about REM and U2?  Well, I notice that Roland Emmerich is benefiting
from what I call "The REM/U2 Effect".  It works like this: each new
album by these bands is sooo much worse than the one before, the older
ones sound better with each passing year.  For example, I thought
"Automatic for the People" was a big disappointment when it came out,
but then came "Monster", and I found myself listening to "Automatic..."
more than I had before.  Similarly, compared to Godzilla, ID4 is very
entertaining, and compared to ID4, Stargate looks like a work of art.

Here's my obligatory ASTRO-content: MOA? is _NOT_ subject to "The
REM/U2 Effect".  All of their albums are awesome, new and old!  And
the same goes for Servotron!