[ASTRO] Re: Classified MOA Hotwheels car

.. begin astro-transmission

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Don Vigeant wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> ...speaking of which... has anyone been able to get their hands on the
> ultra rare, ultra hot 'Mars Lander Action Pack' by Hot Wheels? This set
> comes with the space craft, the lander and the rover.

No.  And it is driving me crazy.  None of the toy stores in my area
are taking reservations for future shipments.  Heck, they won't even
confirm that there _will_ be future shipments.  Some of the stores don't
even seem to have any idea of what I'm talking about when I ask for it.

It was in my continual search for the Pathfinder Hotwheels set that
the "stealth" caught my eye.

<snip!>
> ... There are several internet wait lists for them at $40 each
> (up from $5 retail) and I've seen them at some local toy shows for
> $15-$25 (California)....

I'm just about desparate enough to pay these kinds of prices, if
I could just find out where to go to pay them.

<snip!>