[ASTRO] Re: They Might Be Giants !

.. begin astro-transmission

<snip!>
> << Does Anyone like Tmbg?     They are one of my favriote groups ! If anyone
> has seen the ALbum "APollo" by tmbg ,  YOu may notice a huge similiarity in
> the album cover , alot of cool space pics and stuff!>>
>
> Of course I love 'em!  :)  They rule.  Apollo 18 is my favorite album by the
> Johns.
>
> Have you read the Astro-diaries found on the MoA? website?  Some harsh words
> about TMBG are said by Birdstuff.....
>
> SuperGEEK,
>
> **Leslie**
<snip!>

I'm afraid Burstuff's commentary is well-founded.  I myself was rather
taken aback by what he said when I first read it.  At that point I was
a bigger TMBG fan than a MOAM fan, if you can believe that, but I had
net yet seen either band live.

The live shows make all the difference.  MOAM totally rocks!  TMBG just
kinda sucked really loudly.  I know that's harsh, but it is true.
The TMBG sound on recent albums has become increasingly dependant upon
the horn section, and the fools toured without a horn section!  There
were these big gaping holes in the songs and the sound was just kinda
flat and lifeless.  It also doesn't help that the set had lots of
songs from their latest "Showroom Floor" (or something like that) and some
of them genuinely sucked, especially the horrible "S.E.X.X.Y.".

But now I'll get to my main complaint: projectile teenagers.  They are
a problem at both MOAM and TMBG shows, but at TMBG their behavior was
encouraged from the stage and things got really scary.  It didn't help
that LaLuna had obviously let in more people that can safely be
accomodated, even when they're _not_ trying to form a giant conga-line.

I haven't forgiven TMBG for that experience yet, which is really too bad
because I really used to love them.